Ham, Swiss, & Caramelized Onion Frittata
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Heat butter in a 10-inch non-stick, oven safe sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onions to the hot pan and sauté in butter for 5-7 minutes or until edges of onions just start to brown. Reduce the heat to medium low and sprinkle with a ¼ tsp kosher salt, garlic and fresh thyme leave. Let cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the onions begin to crisp, add a few tablespoons of water to the pan and reduce the heat.
- While the onions are cooking, beat the eggs with the salt and pepper. Add ½ of a cup of the Swiss cheese, reserving ¼ cup for later.
- When the onions are completely soft and a deep golden color, raise the heat to medium and add the ham to the pan. Cook for 1 minute, until the ham is heated through.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir with a spatula until the everything is combined, and the eggs start to set, about 30 seconds. Without stirring, let the eggs continue to cook for 4-5 minutes. While the eggs are cooking, check the side to make sure they aren’t browning. If they are, reduce the heat.
- When the eggs are completely set on the bottom and starting to set on top sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup Swiss cheese and move the pan to the oven. Cook for 6-8 minutes until eggs are completely set and lightly browned. Remove from the pan, cut into 6 wedges, and serve.
© 2019 | DaBecca Foods